Thursday, July 1, 2010

In The Bubble

It's official: I'm in the bubble. I have a sharpie tattoo on my hand to prove it. It's nice. Knowing and feeling like you're apart of something. Something that people didn't have to let you be apart of. Something you could have easily been excluded from. Something people said you could be apart of but really, they have their hand against your chest the whole time holding you at a distance. Not this time. Here, I'm an inductee.

So most of you know I'm interning at The Warehouse this summer. It's been awesome so far. But completely not what i expected. Going into this summer I just felt like I needed to do something to prove to God how serious I was about living my life for Him. I felt like I needed to do some great thing to make Him proud and really affirm this new faith I have. I saw all of my friends planning mission trips or working at camps and I was like "Ok, I gotta do something good too." For a little while I thought I was gonna go to India. EHHHH! (Buzzer noise) Then i thought I'd work at camp. Strike two. Then God led me to The Warehouse. So I just assumed I was gonna take on this awesome leadership role and I was gonna do so much stuff to help them out. Wrong, in a way. I have been able to do stuff to help them but to be honest, they've helped me out more than I could have ever imagined.

Something I was seriously lacking here in Cumming was a community. People who were gonna pray for me and support me and help me grow. I'm getting that through these people. They've really only known me for a month and already I feel like I'm one of them. Like no questions. I'm in the bubble. This whole time I've been so concerned with what can I do, do, do and God was like just be, be, be. My mom hit the nail on the head the other day. She said " You're a big picture person. You catch a glimpse of a big dream or plan for your life and you go for it. Not really allowing God to lead you through the steps that are gonna prepare you for those things to become reality." Bam. Truth. It's like I see the prize on the other side of the gap and just jump, not giving any thought to the bridge that's ten feet to the right.

It's a prayerful night. New responsibilities at The Warehouse, financial junk, the team's Jamaica trip next week, Ginger's last night at Winshape, and various other things. Friends come tomorrow! PTL, G2G, and BYH.

No comments:

Post a Comment