Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Clocking Out

Ok, so I've been working at a kid's camp all week at The Warehouse (where I'm interning) and I can honestly say this is the most tired I have ever been. Let me paint a picture for you:

I'm teaching sports camp to about 45 five and six year olds in 95 degree, blazing hot weather from 8-4. When we're not in our classes, we're inside with the rest of the kids. All in all, there's about 85 campers.

It's hot. It's tiring. It's awesome. The kids are so amazing. I've always liked little kids but never really thought I had a huge heart for them...until this week. I'm having a blast running around with them, playing games with them, holding them. Something really dawned on me though today. At one point I had about four kids tugging on me to take them to the bathroom, another couple crying cause someone stole a toy from them, and then another one jumping on me for a piggyback ride. And no one was helping me. Ahhhhh. Craziness. I was ready to just shake all of them off and lock myself in the office. But I couldn't. I had to do my job. I had to get the four doing the potty dance to the bathroom and get the other ones to stop crying all while carrying the one who wanted a piggyback ride. It all worked out. No pee pee accidents. But I started thinking, God has all of these people tugging at him all the time. Someone praying for this or asking for that. All the time. And He never runs to the office, locks the door, and hides the key. He doesn't get to send all his kids home when 4 pm roles around. He's there 24/7, 365. And the crazier thing is that He wants a real relationship with every person tugging on him and and even the ones who aren't. He wants to be everyone's best friend. I know one thing for sure, God was not the inventor of time cards. I am completely and utterly amazed by Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment