Thursday, June 10, 2010

Standing On Home Plate

So the other night I was feeling slightly discouraged. Things just weren't going the way I had planned they would. Home wasn't all I was expecting it to be. Internship stuff wasn't taking off the way I had assumed it would. I needed some J-man time (term coined by Amelia Morgan). So I drove out to the softball field at my high school. A place that was very familiar, very comfortable, and very reliable. A place were I had always been sure of myself.

So I hopped the fence. I walked around the bases. I prayed. Praying and walking. This is actually a challenge that had been presented to me. So I did it. I circled the bases asking God why I was here. Why I was home. Why he lead me to The Warehouse to intern. Obviously things weren't moving very fast. Bump after bump kept coming up, preventing me from really getting started. So was I really even supposed to be there? "I need a sign" I said. Stop. So I stopped walking. Then I looked down. I was standing on home plate. I had been so busy planning, expecting, and assuming that I had forgotten to look down. I was right where I needed to be. The place where runs are scored, big plays are made, and games are won. The place the coach puts you when he trusts you can get the job done. So once again, I hopped the fence, got in my car, and drove home, recklessly trusting that He was right.

I got an email that night from the director of the ministry. In more words, confirming that I am supposed to be there. Today was my first full day. He was right. Im right where Im supposed to be. Trust that He puts us where He wants us. Just look down and you'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment