Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Furnace

Ok, so it's been a while. A long while. My apologies. Im just going through a season where I can't really talk about all the things going on inside of me. It's not that I don't what to it's that I do not possess the ability to do so. I can't convey things in a way that does them justice so I just don't. But I feel like writing this post may be a good start, so here it goes...

Summer. It's a day away from being over. Wow. It changed me. My mentality, my daily posture, my thought process, my approach to problems and people. All drastically different. A friend told me that I was the most gold personality that she knows. (For those of you that don't know, gold represents someone who is routine oriented, efficient, analytical, and stable.) I couldn't agree more. In layman's terms, I have a tendency to overthink and plan way too much. This summer started a revolution. A revolution of fighting the planner in me. A revolution of fighting my desire for stability and acceptance and practicality. I was throw into a group of people that I didn't know and that didn't know me. But God revealed a gift He's given me through that situation. When I put my gaurd down and let people in and just "go with the flow," I make friends really easily. Awesome friends.

I learned alot about being vulnerable this summer. That's all I can say right now.

I learned alot about battling and seeking.

I found people that wanted to be my family. Thank you WH and LOTH.

I learned that I am not dependant on Him the way I need to be.

I learned what having a servant's heart really means. It's a work in progress.

And I learned, above all else, that He is faithful. So so faithful. Even when I can't see through my own skepticism.

Communication with friends from school was limited and it needed to be that way. It made me realize that I let them lead me sometimes when He wants to lead me. Not ok. I blazed my own trail this summer. Hacking through a jungle of fear and frustration by yourself will teach you how to rely on God. Now Im surrounded by my friends once again. But Im having alot of trouble stepping out of the jungle mentality. Things are different and Im adjusting. I'll get there.

He put me through a furnace this summer. Refining me and showing me the person He desires me to be. I think this year is going to be a continuation of that refinement process. He's been so good, so so good to me! Cause He picked me up and He turned me around and He placed my feet on that solid ground. Hallelujah! Hallelujah!



My soul is flooded with joy :)



#24-Our house is a home :) Funny what a little paint can do.

#83-Thank you Anne Harper for allowing me to tangle your hair in the process.

#86-My Karis journal might be the best thing Im bringing back from the summer.

#105 from the expanded list-Happening tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. I am blessed to call you a friend!
    I'm so amazed watching God move in your life and your heart! You are inspiring!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete