Sunday, May 30, 2010

Signatures

" We are, by your design, signature of divine."-Needtobreathe

I was signing a letter to a friend yesterday and the song Signature of Divine by Needtobreathe popped into my head. I began to think about signatures. Signatures carry quite a bit of weight when you think about it. I consider my signature to be a representation of who I am and the kinds of things I stand for. I sign letters, contracts, honesty policies on tests, autographs (well maybe someday haha), all kinds of things. By signing my name to something I am saying I agree or I claim something. My signature is a stamp of my values and reputation. It signifies promises. If I break those promises, my signature loses its value and purpose.

We are God's signature. We were created to immulate Him here on Earth, to be signs of the promises he has made. Just as we take pride in our signatures, God takes pride in us and has confidence in us to stand for what He stands for. We represent more than just ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment